We have a staff of 13, including an Executive Director who oversees the operations of the Centre along with our Board of Directors, a bookkeeper, a cook and our classroom teachers. Our Executive Director and classroom teachers are all Registered Early Childhood Educators (RECEs) and members of the College of Early Childhood Educators, offering the highest quality of care to our children and families. Our RECEs are given the opportunity for ongoing professional development and are all certified in Basic First Aid and CPR/AED.
We value our staff and consider them to be our greatest asset. Our excellent RECEs have substantial experience and many of our staff have been with the Centre for over 25 years.
Our Cook is also a valuable part of the program. Meals and snacks are planned by the cook in consultation with the Executive Director and according to provincial legislation.
The McMaster Children’s Centre is always looking for upbeat, professional Registered Early Childhood Educators for Part time/Casual Supply work.
When hiring Registered Early Childhood Educators, we require the following:
- RECE positions require an ECE Diploma or Degree from a recognized college or university, in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Experience working with young children and families;
- An eagerness and ability to work with all age groups from Toddler to Preschool;
- Must be professional, with strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Effective interpersonal and team work skills;
- A clear Police Records Check which includes Vulnerable Sector Screening;
- Must have flexible hours to accommodate supply work;
- Must have valid Standard First Aid with CPR C (infant/child CPR)
- Current medical (record of necessary immunizations)
*If you are interested in supply teaching at the McMaster Children’s Centre, please email or drop off a resume and cover letter.